Friday 9 October 2015

My school magazine final cover




The software I used was serif page plus. I created this school magazine about art careers and tips. I chose this picture of an art student, keeping the background of the artwork, to attract other art students of the same age: in 6th Form.

I used the Blackadder ITC font for my mast head because it is an artistic font that has calligraphy style techniques for those who find it a hobby. I chose for it to be in white to contrast with some of the artwork on the back wall and what the student is wearing. It also stood out more than any other colour.
I chose my text colours to be pale against the colours of the central image. The colours I used are not too vibrant, therefore giving across a more mature, serious message about the magazine contents and who it is aimed at.

I used many conventions of a typical magazine for advertising techniques, such as the pug in the top right corner. My tagline, attached to my mast head, summarises the genre of my magazine and who it might be aimed at.
I have included many cover lines across my cover to tell the reader what is inside and the articles they will find.
Furthermore, I used a puff to draw attention to the magazine. The two secondary images I used link to the text and contents of the magazine. These will help to sell my magazine.


No comments:

Post a Comment